performance at DUMBO Art Under The Bridge fashion show










2001. The designer Massaccesi asked me to be part of his 5th Annual D.U.M.B.O. Art under the Bridge Fashion Show set.  I was to play a cleaning lady (wearing a cut-and-paste creation that announces "Putzen") who when coming out to vacuum the runway, trips and falls. Then models come out one after another and teach her to cook, hit her with a hammer, and eventually cover her in trash. Massaccesi was a wonderful designer from New Hampshire who worked night shifts at a hotel desk where he kept a sewing machine and converted discarded clothes into masterpieces. I loved his work.

title: Massaccesi Cut:Paste runway model event:5th Annual D.U.M.B.O. Art under the Bridge Fashion Show date: October 19, 2001 venue: Lunatarium city: Brooklyn, New York
my role: John asked me to do this for his cut and paste line. Concept and clothes are his.
Home